Bordeaux Community Homeowners,
Summer is officially here and it’s time to have our annual HOA Party!
We have continued to complete some key projects to keep our community in top shape such as installation of the tree replacement project, security enhancement project and we have much more that we are excited to complete this year. The only change this year is our goal is to save cash and not spend it. We are hoping to get volunteer’s to do some community cleanup and improvement projects such as weeding, picking up trash and re-staining the play equipment.
As you all may have noticed we have a new landscaper at the request of many homeowners who were not happy about the quality of work of our previous landscaper. We saved over 30% after looking at many bids and chose Northwest Gardener, a locally owned business and so far we have been very impressed with their work. They include the irrigation work and our park and Bordeaux sign areas should look great all summer. Please keep in mind that the only way your strips will not go dormant this summer is to water them consistently. Please put a timer on your water if you struggle like many of us do with watering your lawn, especially during vacation. Our landscaper is working on an arrangement to discount lawn care down significantly so if you are having trouble maintaining your lawn we recommend you have Northwest Gardener take care of your landscaping. We have multiple homeowners using his services now and everyone is happy with his price and quality of work. If you want to call Northwest Gardener their number is 425-471-1091. I will attach a quote for his services and the owner Doug is hoping to attend our HOA party to answer any questions on how to keep your landscaping looking great this year. Keeping your lawns mowed this year is one of our main issues and we will be enforcing our violation process for homes that consistently fall behind on regular lawn and landscaping care.
Another goal again this year is to keep crime at bay this summer. Many of you have experienced some type of car and home theft and we are asking that we focus on security this year. There have been a couple of incidents so far this summer consisting of backyard theft and potential home burglaries. I’ll post the details on our HOA website. Our community is over 5 years old now and there are some homes that will need to have their exterior wood shingles restrained. We are working with vendors to see if we can get a multiple home discount and will send them out to the community as soon as we can.
A few matters of business to include:
- Dues statements should already be out to everyone. We thank you in advance for getting those payments in as soon as you can.
- This year’s HOA party is a great chance to get to know your neighbors better and voice your opinion; we ask that you please bring a dish and your family is welcome to join us for the festivities.
- We are hoping to increase the level of communication this year. One of the main reasons the crime rate has gone down is neighbors having good communication when there is a problem or concern. Our Blog needs someone who wants to update it on a weekly basis if someone is interested and we are working on a complete contact sheet for community members that wish to connect better with their neighbors.
If there is anyone interested in getting more actively involved, we would love to meet you so reach out to one of the board members at the party and we will get you connected.
Our community website is below:
Bordeaux HOA Board
Contact Information for AcerNw Inc
Attn: Geri Pentz
5017 196th St SW #103
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Lynnwood, WA 98036
The July 2011 Homeowner’s Meeting
Is scheduled for:
July 31st at 2pm
We hope to have a potluck style picnic in the community park. Please bring a favorite dish to share with your neighbors. The HOA will provide drinks, plates, silverware, napkins and a dessert. W e will follow the gathering with our quarterly meeting starting sharply at 2:30pm.
Agenda Topics to Include:
- Final Voting Ballot Collection.
- Coordinate a date and volunteers for a work party.
- Projected plans for the remainder of 2011.
- Open forum for questions and suggestions.