We want to start by saying thank you to everyone who came out and joined us for the HOA annual meeting/potluck. The weather was great and it was nice to be outside and visiting; we are grateful for the opportunity for all of us to get to know each other a little better.
The following is an overview for everyone to keep current on the topics that were discussed.
We are excited to add some additional security features that were approved such as the tree’s to block off access from 19th which will be implemented as soon as the weather permits. The lighting for the common area park was also passed and will be integrated very soon. Thank you to all who showed up and gave their opinions on the House Rules and Regulations, we are working on the second revision and will submit it for review promptly.
The community asked for payment options for our dues and it was decided to allow quarterly, bi-annual and yearly payments. We did vote on raising the dues to $400 due to the fact that we are in need of adding revenue back to savings which was taken out to minimize the impact of the lost income due to foreclosures that did not pay dues.
Please watch for future updates from us. We will be in touch soon!
July 11th, 2010 at 1:30pm
Meeting minutes from last year’s meeting have been approved by the HOA members.
1. Review of the proposed House rules and regulations draft text
Make the following changes to the text:
- Exterior appearance - change it so it's mention clutter, and visible.
- Vehicle registration (should it stay in)
- Speed Limit change it to something more reasonable from 5MPH
- Two noise sections
- For fun bicycle ride - maybe change to Extreme
- Put in option to pay quarterly or bi-yearly
- Posting the "for sale" or "for lease" sings section needs to be updated to match the
- Section 4 change to word that the strips are common area, so the landscaper will fertilize the strips the owners will water
The parking strips needs to be watered by all of the owners in front of their property.
The landscaper does the fertilization, and mowing. Review the bids for the other Landscaping companies. Maybe go back to Natural Concepts.
Increase the dues from $378 to $400. Move the statements notice to January, and make it so that the payment can be made on a yearly, bi-yearly and quarterly basis. The increase in yearly dues has been unanimously voted in.
Send the notice that everyone should have their lights turned ON
5. Discussion about work party date(s) and items to be addressed/worked on.
* September date to be determined.
* Painting of basketball court lines.
* Planting of new trees/plants in rear of common area park and 20th dr. SE
* Other general maintenance items: i.e. small areas that have need for weeding or pruning, etc.
- Suggested dates for the summer work party: September 9th, 16th or 23rd. Please post your available dates on our blog.
Final Voting Ballot Tally:
Item 1: Landscape the cul-de-sac fence line on 20th Dr SE.
PASS with 21 yes votes.
Item 2: Add lighting to the common area park.
PASS with 20 yes votes.
Item 3: Add a cabana to the common area park.
FAIL with 2 yes votes.
Item 4: Add a security system with 1 camera to the park area.
FAIL with 3 yes votes.